[Mgs] Changing brake fluid

Stephen West-fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Fri Jan 11 20:28:27 MST 2008

Essentially, the main performance advantage most folks site is that DOT 5
fluid doesn't absorb water. While true, this also means any moisture which
does get into the system will migrate to the lowest point in the system and
collect as one slug of water. This can cause both corrosion issues as well
as boiling point temperature problems. DOT 5 will also absorb air or other
gasses more readily than 3 or 4, allowing higher compressibility (or spongy
pedal).

In the real world, as long as you regularly change the brake fluid, it
should work fine.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems