[Mgs] Changing brake fluid

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Fri Jan 11 12:32:34 MST 2008

Tuck:

It's a religious argument and not one that can be resolved.

After many years of answering the same question, I came up with the
following responses:

STATEMENT 1:
No one has ever had issues directly related to running the original
Lockheed/Girling/AP brake fluid.

STATEMENT 2:
There have been some compatibility/miscibility issues directly related
to running some silicone (DOT5) fluids due to varying additive packages
and or contamination.

STATEMENT 3:
Lockheed/Girling/AP brake fluid is a very effective paint stripper.

STATEMENT 4:
Silicone brake fluid will not damage paint.

STATEMENT 5:
All brake fluids regardless of type must be replaced on a regular basis
to prevent component damage from moisture entrapment.

Kelvin