[Mgs] Rewiring the B?

derek at vandivere.net derek at vandivere.net
Fri Feb 29 09:39:55 MST 2008

Well, I was a bit suspicious of his self-interest in the job, especially
since his estimates usually turn out to be at least 100% off. He was
mentioning, and I've noticed, that a lot of the wiring is fairly brittle
(it's all the plastic casings), especially under the dash.

There does seem to be a fair number of snipped wires under the hood, which
is why I was suspecting the (removed before I got it) desmogging stuff.
The DPO did set it up so that one fan never was on and one fan always was
on, so I wonder if there were other kludges. Maaaybe it makes sense to
start with the dash sub-harness...

Good call on the hose - don't know whay I didn't think of that. Oh yeah,
the fact that you usually only need to wait about ten minutes for it start
raining in Amsterdam! Actually, here come te rain clouds, but I'd have to
stay at work another foew hours for the rain to start, probably.