[Mgs] Grand Prix -- No MG content

Matt Trebelhorn matt.lists at trebelhorn.com
Thu Feb 28 09:26:30 MST 2008

I've been to two grands prix in my life -- 1975 at Watkins Glen, and
1983 in Detroit.  The former, I was literally a babe in arms.  The
second, our family was in Detroit on vacation and stayed at the hotel
ponchatrain -- we watched the race out our hotel window.  Which is to
say that I've never bought a ticket for a grand prix.

Through no particular fault of our own, my wife and I are going to be
in southern France and/or northern Italy at the end of May.  My wife
has expressed some interest in seeing the monaco grand prix.  It
looks like tickets -- for race day especially --  start at an arm & a
leg, and go up from there.    I looked at Monza for comparison and
see 3-day passes starting at around $100; that won't get you in to
Monaco for thursday practice!

Can anyone offer advice?  Other than the obvious, of course, which is
"Avoid that money-grubbing %^#$% Ecclestone," sound though that
advice may be.

Thanks,
Matt