[Mgs] MGA fuel pump works but now...

dave houser mgs4dave at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 25 10:53:42 MST 2008

Listers,
Swapped out the new pump for the rebuilt one and got clicking and a
running car. Seems it was a combination of oxidized points and stuck
diaphragm. Well, it ran long enough until I shut it down after backing
out of garage and saw I was leaving an antifreeze trail.
Boy, what fun.
Lesson here is  DNLYCFLPOT (Do Not Leave Your Car Unused For Long
Periods Of Time).
Put the TD on top of lift for a change and pushed the MGA under it.
Didn't see what was leaking so will refill with water,  start her up for
a short time to see where the flow emanates from. Know I put a 180
thermostat in, in 1992! Will replace with 160 now that I am in Florida.
Hope it's not the water pump.
Will let you know what I find and thanks for all the help with the fuel
pump recommendations,
Dave (Black Cloud) Houser