[Mgs] Motor Vibration

Matthew Milkevitch mmilkevitch at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 19:24:04 MST 2008

Good Evening Listers;

  I would like to elicit some opinions of the list on something I've observed for some time....motor vibration on my '74 MGB-GT.

  While at idle, the motor vibrates quite a bit...it just about "shakes."  I have no idea as to the source of this.  The motor has less than 10K on it (rebuilt about 5 years ago) and new motor mounts were installed when the rebuild was done.

  Can anyone venture a guess what the cause is?  I would imagine there is an inbalance somewhere....???

  Thanks for the help,

  Matt Milkevitch
  '74 BGT