[Mgs] battery cut off switch

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 05:54:11 MST 2008

Strongly second this.  Both my MGBs have suffered wiring damage from shorts
before my ownership, and it could take a couple of minutes to disconnect the
battery even with tools in the car.  I installed a battery cut-off switch in
the V8 when it changed from being my daily driver to recreational (well, it
was always 'recreational' even as a daily driver) and the alarm (even when
not set and garaged) used to drain the battery every couple of weeks and I
was replacing the battery every couple of years.  Now like Monte I turn it
off most times I park it.  The roadster has never suffered from battery
drain, but something has been nagging at me to fit one to that as well, so
I'm hoping to get one at a local MG show this weekend.