[Mgs] Removing Carbon Build Up on Piston Heads

Otis15 at aol.com Otis15 at aol.com
Tue Feb 19 09:36:36 MST 2008

I used silicone seal. The type in the calking tube. What the vacume  doesn't
get sticks to the sealant.
Peels right of when dry.

                                                      Steve

In a message dated 2/18/2008 6:42:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mgbob at juno.com writes:

Paul,
I've read in some texts,  very old ones,  though, that one should place
a section of ring on top of piston before  scraping, then scrape to the
ring.  It was not written, however, if  that was to provide protection of
cylinder wall from the scraper, or if it  was to preserve the ring of
carbon around the outer edge of the  piston.
I agree that there seems to be no reason to leave the  ring of carbon,
but have read to do so in a number of sources. Perhaps it  was a practice
in USA years ago.
Bob

You are subscribed  as  otis15 at aol.com

Mgs at autox.team.net