[Mgs] MGA master cylinder bore size - a little OT

Peter C peter at nosimport.com
Tue Feb 19 08:25:24 MST 2008

Howard, I have the Lockheed catalogue of the period. A 55 Oxford
Series II and an MGA use the same master cylinder assembly part number 39121.

BTW, the Magnette cylinder is essentially the same with the minor
detail that the brake and clutch bores are reversed! Reason to be
cautious. That check valve in the wrong bore can be "pesky". The MGA
pedal pivot is below the master and the bores face away from the
driver. The Magnette pedal pivot is above the master and the bores
face the driver.

Peter C.
=====