[Mgs] Banjo fitting on H4 Carbs

Robert J. Guinness guinness at stclegal.com
Sat Feb 16 17:51:03 MST 2008

I am rebuilding my MGA's H4 carbs and I think I have run into a DPO
bodge.  The banjo fitting to the float bowl covers  (Moss part #370-140)
have two different "faces" (one where the bolt goes through, and one
where it mates to the float bowl cover).  One face is indented so that
the gasket fits within the indent.  The other is flush.  My question is
this.  Which "face" mates with the banjo bolt head and which one mates
with the float bowl cover?  The banjo bolt has a circular ring under the
hex head.  This leads me to believe that the indented face of the banjo
fitting should mate with the bolt so that the circular ring under the
hex head presses into the indented area.  Since the float bowl cover is
flush, it makes sense that the flush face of the banjo fitting should
mate with the float bowl cover.  However, my existing set up is the
other way around.  The manuals don't have an answer.  Does anyone on the
list have an answer to this potentially leaky problem?
--
Robert Guinness