[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Back to Earth....

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 07:58:09 MDT 2008

Paul, good thoughts on the grounding. I think that is my next step.

I replaced the cracked positive battery clamp, and had the battery charged and tested. It tested fine. So, I reinstalled it and
tried cranking it. The engine spun normally the first time I tried it, but didn't fire. When I tried again, I got the 'clicking' sound,
and subsequent efforts had the same result. In addition, the fuel pump seems to be making a 'humming' sound,  versus the
normal intermittent clicking. It was working normally previously, and the fuel filter is full of gas. I am going to hook the car
back up to my van this week-end, just for sh*ts and giggles.

I am wondering if it could be the ground strap on the transmission's rear mount (crossmember). It seems to be that I had some
difficulty with that one, remembering how it went (didn't have a good picture). What other grounds are there that could be
causing this issue?

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer