[Mgs] MGB driving me nuts

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 28 10:26:46 MDT 2008

The floats in the SUs -- are they original brass ones, or white plastic
replacements?

After I installed Grose-Jets, I found that the brass floats would vibrate at
the engine's resonant frequency (around 62mph) and "dribble" the balls in
the Grose-Jet like a basketball, causing the engine to sputter and surge.
Switching to the plastic, non-adjustable floats fixed the problem.

Switching back to regular needle valves would have worked, too, but the
reason I switched in the first place was I was having chronic problems with
debris.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149