[Mgs] MGB driving me nuts

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Thu Aug 28 09:50:20 MDT 2008

 One thing to check is that the vent line from the adsorbtion cannister
to fuel tank is venting. If plugged, you can experience both lack of fuel
and fuel being pushed into the adsorbtion cannister.  Just blow on the
two lines.  One is fuel line and you should hear bubbling in the fuel
tank. The other is the vent line and should blow easily but without
sound.
  If, when you press the dampers down, RPM increases, that would indicate
insufficient fuel or low level in the float bowl.
  Fuel pumps should be good for 60M miles or so.
Bob