[Mgs] MG TF in USA

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 06:48:04 MDT 2008

On Aug 28, 2008, at 4:21 AM, Bert Palte wrote:

>> I agree it was never going to happen for a number of reasons, but
>> what
>> part of
>> assembling 'British' roadsters in America from kits built in China
>> *isn't*
>> good idea?
>>

> Labour cost, I guess....

As I remember it was going to be on tribal land in Ok, and probably
would have had favorable labor relations.

It was just a dumb announcement way too early in negotiations. From my
casual observations, the Chinese play their cards close to the chest
and don't like things handled in the media. When that press conference
came out, it probably killed the deal.

That's not saying that it would have happened otherwise.