[Mgs] Brakes won't bleed

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Mon Aug 25 09:33:04 MDT 2008

I had this problem - maybe even the exact same problem. I couldn't get
the right rear to bleed at all. Eventually I got it to at least seep
rather than spew. I finally started to trace the line figuring some
blockage was the problem. What I found was the steel line that runs
across the axle to the brake had a small pinhole in it. It was located
on the curvature running across the top of the axle and the hole being
on the downside facing the axle. There was not any leakage - just enough
to moisten the pinhole. What it was doing was pulling air into the line.

Either way, its probably a matter of tracing the brake lines and undoing
couplers to see where the brake fluid is and where it isn't.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B