[Mgs] O Happy Day!

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 14:38:44 MDT 2008

1 year and 17 days after I pulled the engine from the '76 B, today, it was fired up! As was I.......

I replaced the little section of fuel hose above the bulkhead - the original had all sorts of cracks on the back side that couldn't
be seen when installed. Then, hooked up the battery to the van, removed the spark plug wires and cranked it. After a few
minutes of cranking, the oil pressure gauge crept upwards! Fuel system was tight, so I hooked up the plugs, got back in the
driver's seat, crossed my fingers - and it turned about half the flywheel and started up! The idle is a little high, even after running
for a few minutes, so I need to mess with that. I may actually have the throttle cable too tight. Gonna check that tomorrow as I'm
going out shortly.

But needless to say, I'm really excited! It's going on the road tomorrow after I bleed the brakes, and I am going to have to get the battery
checked out and replace the positive cable clamp (it's cracked). But I'm really psyched!

Video of it running -

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/1976%20MGB%20Engine%20Work/?action=view&current=P8230014.flv

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/1976%20MGB%20Engine%20Work/?action=view&current=P8230015.flv

Thanks to everyone for all of your help getting this beast back in running order!

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer (Resurrected!!)
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)