[Mgs] Oil Pressure

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 18:19:15 MDT 2008

Back from vacation! A weel at Cape Cod is always a good thing.

I installed the new plug and seal in my Z-S carb, which took care of the leak from the float chamber. Still have the weeping hose,
which is now causing a little gas to run down the fuel line and drip onto the transmission! Hope to have the part to repair that in a
couple of days.

But I decided to try and start the engine anyways, since the drip was very slow. After unplugging the coil wire at the coil, I turned the
engine over several times to build oil pressure. After about 5 minutes of cranking (about 10 - 15 seconds at a time), no indication of any
pressure on the gauge. Is there another connection besides the oil pressure line? I do have that hooked up properly. Any other thoughts
on why there would be no pressure in an engine that ran great 6 or so months ago, hasn't been opened up and is full of fresh 20w-50 oil
with a new filter? Or did I just not crank it enough?

My blog below is updated with a couple of pics. And the solution to the 'parking lights on' problem!

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)