[Mgs] Progress and Question....

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 15:30:46 MDT 2008

Made progress today, but am currently stymied by 2 hold-ups - locating alternator brackets (mine were left on the
engine I exchanged, and the engine I bought doesn't have them!) and getting the old, catalytic converter downpipe out of the
exhaust system - I have a '75 downpipe that I will be using. But got the manifold on and connected most of the wires and
hoses that I can at this point.

Here is the new problem - the distributor on the '75 is different from the distributor on the '76. The latter has a box next to the
Chinese hat, and there is a 3-pronged connector from the wiring harness. The '75 has no box, and a single short wire comes
out of it. See the pictures I linked below.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/1976%20MGB%20Engine%20Work/P8020006.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/1976%20MGB%20Engine%20Work/P8020005.jpg

So, any ideas on how to wire up the '75 distributor?

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Engine Reinstalled...
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
NAMGBR #5-2328
http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
http://dans76b.blogspot.com/
http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/