[Mgs] UK Government not planning to ban old cars

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Wed Apr 23 10:52:43 MDT 2008

These might be plans, but.....
Several German cities already have banned cars of a certain age or older.
Some of these might lift the ban for real classics - please don not start a
flame over this subject over what the definition of a classic is.
Also our capital Amsterdam have some nasty plans banning older cars, because
these "pollute".
There already is a very strong opposition by classic car owners - many of
these people come from the artistic circuit - there are loads of old
Volvo's, Citrokn's, etc. around there, so the lobby against this is growing.

Let the classic force be with us!

Cheers,

Hans
71 BGT