[Mgs] Track shots

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Tue Apr 15 09:29:03 MDT 2008

On 15/04/2008, at 8:55 PM, Dan DiBiase wrote:
> Good pics, Eric, looking forward to seeing the video. I like the
> RV8's, too.

Thanks, it is a pity you get so involved in doing what you are doing
that you don't get the time to get around and take lots of snaps.

It is also a pity that I have never got any "external" video of the
car on the track.  I must try and get a friend to go up and do this
some time.

In the meantime I just did a rough edit of some of my in-car video.
Nothing exciting and no other cars close (except that Alfa I passed..
and yes, he DID jump the start, grrr), but it lets you see how we
start these "Super Sprints".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5dIJ20-is

Enjoy (and pardon the wind noise).

Oh yeah, this next video is fellow a fellow club member, great racer
and all-round nice guy in his fantastic MG TC Special (love those
skinny tyres) doing the same track and showing up a Clubman.  That TC
has a great historic racing pedigree and it is still blowing some
modern cars away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Qt4WsCa7U

Enjoy (and note he got rid of the wind noise - which I will do next
time).

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia