[Mgs] MGB O/D Driveshafts

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Mon Sep 24 11:16:45 MDT 2007

I made up simple diagram to understand this many years ago.

All you have to remember is 1", because the extra .125" is too hard to
read.

It is a bit counter intuitive though as the 3 sych 4 spd is longer than
the 3 synch OD box.

3 synch 4 spd   -   Early Banjo    short 	30"
3 synch OD      -   Early Banjo    Med.  	31.125"
3 synch OD      -   Saulsbury      Long  	32"
4 synch 4spd/OD -   Saulsbury      Med.   31.125"

The rarest driveshaft is the 1966-67 MGB GT with OD. (long)

The banjo diff. is 1" longer than the Saulsbury

Kelvin Dodd

OD