[Mgs] 77B, what's it worth

Tom McLaughlin tmcl98 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 10:29:37 MDT 2007

All,
I'm quickly coming to the resolution that I may sell my 77B.  It's not
that I need the money; it's not that I don't love the car; it's that I have
two little kids and frankly can't justify the hobby right now.  Every time I
walk out into the garage, I feel blue because the car sat there another week
with perhaps a few miles (if any) and no work done on it (the thing I liked
most about the hobby).  I hope I'll come back to this hobby when the kids get
older, but right now it feels more like a burden.  So...

I'm not putting it
up for sale yet, but in considering it, I've wondered what I would sell it for
so I thought I would ask the list.

I've had the car 11 years.  It is
unrestored, but I"ve done a bunch of work to it over the years.  After about
the first 3 years it became fairly reliable.  I've replaced brakes, fuel
pumps, fixed the overdrive, alternators, overhauled the carb (ZS), ball
joints, tires and I'm sure done a few things that would classify me as a DPO
(because I probaby didn't know better).

So, I'd say it is fairly close to
original, body in decent shape, and runs pretty good.  I'm putting in a new
fuel pump now and fixing the leaky gas tank.  I also have a new top that I
never installed that I'd let go with the car.

Any thoughts on what it is
worth?

Tom
77B