[Mgs] Brake fitting threads

Mark A. O'Neil mark.a.oneil at Dartmouth.EDU
Sat Sep 22 13:13:24 MDT 2007

Hi,

I have a '79 spridget and am redoing the brake lines.

I cross threaded the front to rear line fitting at the main junction
up front  - danged tight space to get into - luckily the new one is
brass and only the fitting threads appear to be mangled, and only the
first few at that.

So, I want to run a thread die over the fitting threads, but the dies
I have are not or appear to not be correct (1/8 s.p. and 1/8 b.s.p.)
as they do not run over the old fittings cleanly.

Does anyone know the correct thread die to use?

Thanks,
-m