[Mgs] crossed drilled brake rotors

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Thu Sep 20 17:53:35 MDT 2007

Running "oversized" tyres that restricted some airflow around the
brake discs I warped a front disc at the track in a way that scared
me so much that I didn't want it to happen again.  So I tried the
cross-drilled/slotted rotors,

They have been on the car for almost five years now, road and track,
and have not experienced any negative issues with them.  I can't
really tell if they have IMPROVED my braking that much - I am just
happy not to have experienced the bad stuff that I experienced with
my "standard" discs.

No noticable "cheese-grater" effect on the pads - I don't go through
more pads than expected or acceptable.
No cracks - five years of tough work and they are fine.

Now all I have to do is remember the brand so I can recommend them :-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia