[Mgs] Palo Alto show

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 14:44:07 MDT 2007

Hey Gang,
   A few months ago I toured the NEW DeLorean factory
here in Houston!  They are rebuilding cars from the
ground up.  To keep the original VIN there are about
10 parts that must be reused.  Everything else is new.
 I can tell you it is quite a sight to see THOUSANDS
of DeLorean doors racked up in the warehouse right
next to THOUSANDS of V6 engines!
   I must admit I was impressed but can also say that
I have never been too impressed with the car, per se.
In person it looks to be a somewhat poorly assembled
kit-car - even the "new" ones.  Used, drivable cars
are going for something in the low-to-mid $20ks with
"new" cars in the upper $40s to mid $50s, I believe
they said.  Upon my visit they did give me an original
broschure.  Kinda a nice thing - but I'll keep my
Ferrari and MGB.

rick

_http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/08/21/the_delorean_is.html_