[Mgs] Alternator, Bosch conversion for 71 MGB GT

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Tue Sep 11 13:20:24 MDT 2007

I did also convert to H4 as well, because the original sealed beems are not
allowed overhere.
My advise is to have the original lights switch only switching the current
of a relay only.
The normal lights switch appeared to me as a week link.
The relay should be fed directly from the battery with an appropiate thicker
wire than normal.
A safety addition can be a matching line fuse.

H4 gives good light - at least my Lucas ones do. My Lucas ones have the
built in side lights, which enabled me to keep the USA indicator lamps (full
amber instead of half white / half amber).
So my 1971 GT almost looks original, except from the removed airpump system.

Cheers,

Hans