[Mgs] dropping RPM's

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Sep 9 04:19:29 MDT 2007

Pulling the choke initially increase the idle revs (fast idle) which is why
either doing that or opening the throttle prevents the stall.  However it
probably *is* mixture that is wrong if it didn't do it with the HIFs.  You
*could* have a vacuum leak, but if you had set the mixture correctly this
would have 'tuned it out' at idle, albeit at the expense of an overly rich
mixture when running.  Exactly what process did you go through to set up the
carbs?  It isn't difficult but does require care and patience.  It consists
of a number of steps, which must be done in the correct order, and completed
correctly before moving on to the next.