[Mgs] dropping RPM's

1971-red-mgb 1971mgb at cox.net
Sat Sep 8 17:47:01 MDT 2007

I recently changed my carburetors on the 71 MGB from HIF4 to the HS4,
everything went well, we set the idle to where it's running smooth in neutral,
however as soon as I put a load on the engine (i.e. put the car into gear,
depress the clutch and stay stationary) my RPM drops to the point where the
engine has difficulty to stay running, the RPM drops to 300 and I either have
to pull the choke or depress the gas pedal to keep the engine from stalling.
Any thought's on how to resolve this problem?