[Mgs] Fuel device identification?

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Thu Sep 6 12:20:13 MDT 2007

Keith:

Frank did have the correct answer, it is a mechanical fuel shutoff valve
which operates if the car rolls over.

It's very unusual to see them as they had problems with leakage due to
bimetallic expansion.

British Leyland did send out a recommendation to their dealerships to
remove them if they leaked, which most did during the warranty period.

There was no suggested replacement, as the vehicle is also fitted with
an electrical roll over switch under the dash which performs the same
function.

Kelvin Dodd