[Mgs] Paper or Felt Oil Filters

don don at napanet.net
Thu Sep 6 00:38:24 MDT 2007

This is my observation from using both types of filters many years ago in
my MGA 1600:
A felt filter would give about 5-10 pounds more oil pressure than a paper
one.  That sold me on the felt ones.  I don't know about how much filtering
was going on though- for all I know the diminished pressure indicated more
effective filtration.
Don Scott
1962 MGA
1973 MGB GT