[Mgs] MGA 1600 rear lamp wiring problem.

Classic-Car-World Ltd enquiries at classic-car-world.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 07:50:01 MDT 2007

Robert it sounds like you may have a cross feed from another circuit.

Have you tried to isolate the rear lights at the bullet connectors? Take the
connectors apart and then re-assemble them in the order lights first then
the rest of the connections (Indicators, stop lights) and see which if any
brings on the tail lights.

You're right that the front & rear lights are on the same circuit so you
would expect the front lights to be on as well. Not unless your wiring has
been modified at some point in its life.

Good luck.

Kindest Regards

Tom
Tom McCay (Director)
Classic-Car-World Ltd
Tel: 01522 888178
FAX: 0870 705 9115
E-Mail: tom at classic-car-world.co.uk

Now offering quality Sealey & Draper tools at discount prices, see
www.ccw-tools.com for further details.