[Mgs] BGT problems

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 15 11:21:34 MDT 2007

Hmm, have you checked the compression lately? One ugly possibility is a
blown head gasket.

Also, your timing seemed a little advanced, which can cause hot running. I
have to say I was curious why, if you thought it might be a timing problem,
that you bought a new distributor and set it at exactly the same timing as
the old one. I would have thought the logical first step would be to change
the timing on the existing distributor.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149