[Mgs] gold sealed engine

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Wed Oct 10 10:28:52 MDT 2007

The factory offered rebuilt components on the replacement/aftermarket.
These were later sold under the Unipart banner.

My understanding is as follows (please enlighten me if I get anything
wrong):

Gold Seal assemblies were assembled using all new wearing components.

Silver Seal assemblies were assembled with inspected used components.

The components were (you guessed it) painted in either gold or silver
(pretty ugly) to indicate the quality.

Can you imagine opening the bonnet of your nicely painted car to see a
badly painted gold engine sitting there?

Kelvin Dodd