[Mgs] MGB engine

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Oct 9 15:58:39 MDT 2007

Barrie:

Here is an image of the development MGB fitted with O series engine. The
car is over here in the states and the photo was taken at a car show.

The engine fits very well and in production form was going to be fuel
injected. I believe that this was part of the Aston Martin takeover
project that failed.

Sorry to list members, the image is going to be stripped. Maybe Barrie
can put it up somewhere.

Kelvin Dodd

Robinson
> Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 1:34 PM
> To: mgb-v8 at autox.team.net; mgs at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Mgs] MGB engine
>
> Folks,
>
> It seems there was an engine developed from the "B" engine through
> another version ("O" ?). It was the Rover T16 and did go to 2.0L with
> turbo....but would it drop into an MGB?  Probably a little
> difficult.  It could put out 200bhp and some went to 800bhp (owwww!)
>

> Did the MGB 1.8L get enlarged to 2.0 and be fitted with DHC and turbo
> and plonked in another BL machine?   This I was told - but is it true?
>
> Regards
> Barrie
>
> Barrie Robinson
> (705) 721-9060
> http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of O Series MGB 2.jpeg]