[Mgs] vibration

RampantNM at aol.com RampantNM at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 16:00:46 MDT 2007

In a message dated 10/8/2007 12:44:51 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
richard.ewald at gmail.com writes:

Check  the motor mounts and trans mounts, both can fail without warning and
give a  vibration both while standing and  accelerating.

Also, did you hit any bumps or pot holes?  The exhaust  pipe/muffler/tail
pipe can rattle against the body causing this.  Also,  check the
generator/alternator.  Mine was loose and sometimes rubbed the  bonnet giving
similar syptoms.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields