[Mgs] A couple of uninteresting pictures

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 10:28:08 MDT 2007

Hello Troopers,
   Tiny bit of work over the past few days.  I have
removed the rear brakes and cleaned the internal
mechanism.  I posted a picture or two of that work.
Here's the one of the left rear brakes
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0652.JPG . I also wrote
that I was cleaning and evaluating the drum.  Here's
how it looks now http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0654.JPG
.  You can see the coat of black paint curing on the
rim.  the braking surface is in very nice condition,
not pitted or scored.  It required no maintenance
other than a clean-up with ScotchBrite.  The exterior
of the drum got the same treatment
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0655.JPG . And a coat of
gloss black paint, seen drying in this shot
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0656.JPG .  The finish is
now uniformaly smooth and neat.

Regards,

rick