[Mgs] Brake repairs started

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Fri Jun 29 07:12:16 MDT 2007

It may be just a hobby but brakes are a safety item and to me the most
important piece of the puzzle to have working perfectly, otherwise I agree,
its just a hobby.

If the stuff that is in there is black to me that means that the brake
hoses have perished and need to be replaced.

Mark

From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake repairs started

   Please keep in mind that this car has been through quite a few owners.
The brakes have been worked on a
number of times and who knows how much fluid was in the reservoir when my
PO got the car.  Remember, he
said he never checked it.

   Besides, I'm just going to run fluid through it anyway.  The stuff
that's in there is black.  If I
find that the M/C appears anything less that 100% it will all come apart.
FWIW, the rest of the system
looks pretty nice.  No leaks seen, no perished rubber boots, etc..

   Yes, I know, I should pull it all apart and rebuild everything.  I also
should rebuild the engine, service
the transmission, replace the top, repaint the car, whatever, if this was a
proper restoration.  It is
not.  It is just a hobby.

rick