[Mgs] Electric Fans

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Wed Jun 27 06:14:53 MDT 2007

Max,
   It is hard to imagine one failing, but it's worthwhile to inspect the
fans from time to time.
  Fans on the TCs and TDs are two narrow pieces of flat metal that cross
at the hub. Made as thick or thicker than millions of American fans, each
has a small reinforcing pad.  Yet, surprisingly, the blades have been
known to break.
   I've been in an MG when a sparkplug blew out and dented the bonnet.
Have not experienced a broken fan blade, but imagine it's at least as
exciting.
Bob