[Mgs] Does anyone know?

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 02:16:24 MDT 2007

I'd have said that as long as the keyways lined up on both pairs of gears
you will be fine.  The position of the teeth is immaterial, they are only
used to pull the chain which turns the other gear.  If the keyways were
lined up on one gear but not on the other, then you *would* have a cam
timing error on one set or the other.  Quite why the two sets are different
is something else.