[Mgs] Cooling issue, revisited

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 03:32:36 MDT 2007

The stabiliser output is so slow that analogue meter damping usually has no
effect i.e. the needle swings up and down fully or almost so between 0v and
12v.  You wouldn't *want* a digital meter to be in-sync with the switching,
or it would read 12v all the time or 0v all the time, and either indication
would lead you to think the stabiliser was faulty.  The point I was making
is that a test-lamp, analogue meter and unsynchronised digital meter all
give you a simple go/no go indication of whether the stabiliser is working
or not, which is all you need, the test being just whether the output *is*
switching between 0v and 12v.

Cheers,