[Mgs] Cooling issue

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Thu Jun 21 12:02:23 MDT 2007

Matt:

First. Go out and buy an infrared thermometer as suggested. They are
really cool fun toys and will let you know what is really happening.

Second. Quit worrying.
If your temperature gauge starts heading north and keeps steadily going.
Then and only then do you have a problem. A stable temperature of 215
degrees is not a problem in stop and go traffic.

Variations up to just shy of the H mark are fine when sitting, as long
as they stay there and go back down as soon as you start moving. The
gauge, sending unit and voltage stabilizer can all vary over time. Also
a 4 degree change in timing can cause a change from below N to above N.

Kelvin Dodd

On