[Mgs] Tachometer maxes out @ 2500 rpm

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 06:20:25 MDT 2007

Try tapping it when the engine is doing 3000 or 4000.  If the needle jumps
up it is a physical problem in the movement.  If nothing happens it could be
electrical or physical.  You *could* open it up and connect a voltmeter to
the movement terminals (which is all the movement is anyway) and see what
happens over 2500 rpm.  If the voltage keeps going up but the movement
doesn't again its physical.  If the voltage stops going up it is electrical
i.e. tach electronics.