[Mgs] Oh No! Harness burnt up!

Marc smarc at smarc.net
Sat Jun 16 15:53:03 MDT 2007

I started up my LE and within seconds heavy smoke erupted from under the
dash. I turned off the key, jumped out and disconnected the battery.

Digging around, I found the white/green from the ignition switch melted,
heavily damaging the rest of the adjacent wires. That harness is cooked.
I think white/green goes to the starter solenoid, right? I just replaced
that a few months ago. I can't imagine what the heck could have
happened???   I am dismayed....  guess I'll start taking it apart to see
what went wrong...

--
Marc