[Mgs] 1972 MG Midget wiring question

Rabeys at aol.com Rabeys at aol.com
Tue Jun 12 23:13:35 MDT 2007

The feedback on my turn signal problem has been helpful, but I just can't
seem to get the suckers to work.  I have re-wired my entire car twice ( we
won't talk about why I had to do it twice), and I am still at a loss.  I  checked
my hazard switch and the fuse connected to it and all the connections on  the
individual wiring harness it has.  Everything seems fine.  I even  took the
hazard switch from the parts car and connected it to my wiring  harness.  Same
exact problem.  No turn signals at all...not even the  glow, but the hazards
light up.  Then I replaced the hazard wiring  harness with mine and tried it on
each switch.  Nothing.  I have tried  every combo I can think of.  And then I
went through all the connections  again.

The strange thing is, I know they worked previously.  My car was  almost
completely restored, and then I got in a wreck.  Total front end  damage.  I only
had to replace the radiator and then the fenders etc. and  new lights.  I had
all new lights on the front which were destroyed.   The new lights are from
the parts car and they all seem to be working  fine.  So really, the only
re-wiring I had to do was with the front lights  and a few things in the engine bay.
 I didnt mess with the dash or the  hazard switch etc.  By rights, everything
should have worked like  before...of course, it is Lucas.

Im an amateur when it comes to volt meters and anmeters.  The most I  have
used is the probe thing that lights up.  Im starting to think this  problem may
be beyond me and that I may not have the right equipment.

I haven't given up yet, but I know my temper so I have had to step back and
cool off before I destroy it!

Thanks all for the tips.  Always open for  more...Steph