[Mgs] Formula 1 (No MG content

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 20:26:41 MDT 2007

Hello Friends,
   A few months ago I wrote a little piece about
working a Grand Prix weekend as a pit/grid marshal.  I
received a number of very nice replies saying that
they enjoyed learning what the Formula 1 circus looks
like from the inside.
   Here is another crack at that same idea but this
time as a random series of pictures from last year.
I'll point out a couple I like then turn you loose to
view them all.

   Here's a good starting place; Schumaker's office:
http://www.aubard.us/F1/18.jpg

   My daughter and her husband in casual mode before
going to work.  They're marshals too, as is Rui
Gigante (MGS Listmember with an MGA, an MGB-GT and a
Ferrari 328GTS) but they're not working this year's
event:
http://www.aubard.us/F1/22.jpg

   Same two at work: http://www.aubard.us/F1/3.jpg

   That's me working pit-out:
http://www.aubard.us/F1/4.jpg and again, this time on
the radio to Race Control:
http://www.aubard.us/F1/6.jpg

   The photographer and fellow marshal, responsible
for these pictures, Dr. Brian Manning:
http://www.aubard.us/F1/2.jpg

   And our SPEED hero, Steve:
http://www.aubard.us/F1/57.jpg

   Enough of the silliness.  Here's the link (to make
it easier for you) to the directory containing the
pictures.  Enjoy. http://www.aubard.us/F1

   This year I am working pit-in and operating
communications from that station.  We have a hard
land-line there just to insure redundancy with the
radios.  Our goal, and the reason for communications,
is to guarantee safety and rules-compliance between
pit-in and the scrutineer station in garage 1.  The
FIA have their speed radar there also but that's not
our concern.
   I leave for Indy in about 4 days.  Can't wait!!!

Regards,

rick