[Mgs] 1972 MG Midget wiring question

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Fri Jun 8 19:23:23 MDT 2007

Max may have it. When the hazard switch is on and the lamps flashing
check to make sure they are all bright. All four lamps may be enough to
trigger the hazard flasher unit, but two lamps with poor grounds may
cause problems for the TS flasher.

It could also be the hazard switch. In the OFF position it connects the
TS circuit to the TS flasher feed. If the switch contacts are poor, the
hazards could be working fine, but the TS can have problems.

Try snapping the Hazard switch on and off a few times. It is self wiping
and may clean up.

If this doesn't work, it's going to be the slow slog of tracking bad
connections with a voltmeter. Not easy as you have some power, but just
not enough to get the TS flasher working correctly.

Good luck.

Kelvin Dodd

On