[Mgs] This evening's work

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 18:20:59 MDT 2007

Hey Dudes and Dudettes,
   Got a little shop time this evening.  Painted the
RR brake drum and started to remove the RF caliper,
hub and rotor - then decided I didn't want to deal
with the mess.  I decided to do a little fun work
instead.
   This evening I removed the grill and turn signals.
(Headlights to be done later.)  The attachment
hardware was a hardware-store's nightmare.  There were
lots of dings in the paint but nothing that couldn't
be easily repaired.  The grill center section is
flawless but in need of paint.  The aluminum trim has
a ding or two in it but nothing a little careful metal
massaging won't fix.
   I ordered new rubber gaskets some time ago while
ordering other parts.  Once everything is restored
I'll install the fixtures properly, with new lamps and
polished lenses.  In that same order I got a new MG
octigon for the grill.  That little treat will adorn
the freshly painted grill.
   The wiring needs to be cleaned and the lamp sockets
need to be cleaned out.  The reflector will be painted
with silver paint.  A good coat of dielectric grease
will keep things fresh inside including the lamp
bases.

That's it for Tuesday,

rick
'70 MGB - coming apart and going together