[Mgs] Saturday projects

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 12:05:16 MDT 2007

In a message dated 7/30/2007 10:49:25 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
doddk at mossmotors.com writes:

The  power train has a BW Type 62 automatic trans and I've been thinking
about  dropping it into a 1973 MGB to build a stop & go daily driver.
Just a  thought at the moment as I have to get my '78 V8 Roadster
finished  first.

____________________________________

They do make a nice package, Kelvin, and don't have the weakness of the
otherwise nice Rover 5 speed (the internal oil pump that stops pumping but you
don't find out about it until the trans is well and truly trashed).

For some reason I always think of the GTs as being more suitable for an
auto, but that's just me, I guess.

Some people like to do this sort of thing to the MGC, and indeed a V8
powered MGC makes a very nice touring car, but I hate to see the existing number  of
original cars reduced by one. Besides, they are really better for a Ford V8
conversion as weight isn't an issue.

Of course you COULD sell the engine to pay for a nice 3.4 V6 and trans  to
use in the MGB, and wind up with a less expensive conversion, more room, no
more weight and equal or better power.....:-)

Bill Spohn