[Mgs] Saturday projects

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Sat Jul 28 18:12:57 MDT 2007

On 29/07/2007, at 3:15 AM, Steve wrote:

> You were chasing down some serious muscle on that track...
>
> What have you done to your car to make it handle so well?
>
> Whenever I'm racing on a track like that, I lose all momentum thru the
> curves trying to pass people, then I have no HP to pull back up on the
> straights.

Thanks,

The car is slightly warmed up power-wise (yes, still 4 cylinder
despite the urgings of others to do otherwise) but the suspension is
seriously uprated as are the brakes.

As you can tell from my chasing that racing Alpha for lap after lap,
I can catch them under brakes but the lack of power out of the
corners and down the straights makes for a frustrating day.

I will be thinking of the guys having that fun today while I am
training rally officials.

I guess it is all a part of motorsport so I can't complain too much.

I hope the rest of you are doing something you love to do this weekend!

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia