[Mgs] Saturday projects

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Sat Jul 28 07:50:14 MDT 2007

On 28/07/2007, at 10:22 PM, Rick Lindsay wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>    Its Saturday - at least here in the western
> hemisphere!  What kinds of car-projects do you have in
> today's queue?

Hi Rick and all - it is Saturday night here so I am planning for Sunday.

Saturday was "wash the 'B" day - I pull her to bits and investigate
the suspected burnt valve next week.

Oh yeah, I also watched local car racing and then watched my football
team thrash their opponents - on TV,  It was a god relaxing Saturday.

Sunday should have seen me compete in our annual 6 hour event at my
local racetrack (great to thrash the car around for up to 20 laps at
a time - half an hour of solid workout... an endurance event)... but
doing it on three and a half cylinders would be no fun at all.  For
those who haven't seen it - this is an in-car highlights video from
last year.  Pardon the music but they stripped off my soundtrack and
I didn't think it was any good deathly silent.  The wacky music there
now is royalty free :-)  Turn it off if you wish, I won't be offended.

http://one.revver.com/watch/338728

So I will be looking after my team training to run our sector of the
South Australian leg of the Australian Rally Championship coming up
in a couple of weeks.  I am the Chief Sector Marshall and it is two
days of muddy, cold fun with noisy cars tearing up the forest. The
training involves setting up a mini rally course (in the parklands
that circle the CBD) and running cars around it at about ten miles
per hour to make sure all the officials know what they have to do.
Sector start controls, finish controls, spectator marshals, timing,
radio communications etc etc.

Then I will come home and watch the V8 Supercars racing in Queensland.

Lots of car stuff - pity there is no F1 this weekend :-)

The weekend is for car stuff, Rick!

Eric